next article

Lighthouse by the rocky beach

Some 30 kilometers from Binh Thuan Town, the Ke Ga Beach is still rather off the beaten track. According to locals, the original name was Khe Ga (chicken stream), since their forefathers found many wild birds lived by a stream near the beach. Photos courtesy of Huu Thanh/Bao Anh Viet Nam

French colonialists built a lighthouse on an islet off Ke Ga Beach in late 19th century. The construction was finished in 1899.


The lighthouse is based on Đảo Bà (Lady Islet). Photo courtesy of Hong Lien/VnExpress

Coracles take travelers to boats that bring them to Đảo Bà.

Phan Thiet Town has long coastline dotted with white sandspits. There's less rain in Phan Thiet Town than most other areas in Vietnam.

The 183-step spiral staircase leads to the top of the lighthouse. Photo courtesy of Hong Lien/VnExpress


RELATED NEWS