next article

Teenager electrocuted at pool party in northern Vietnam
By Dang Hanh - Thanh Nien News -
 A swimming pool at Viet Tiep Complex in Hai Phong City, where a teenager was electrocuted to death during a pool party on Friday night 
A fun pool party in northern Vietnam on Friday night quickly turned into a tragedy after a 15-year-old boy was electrocuted to death while trying to reach the stage for a picture.
Dong Van Phuong, a high school student in Hai Phong, was attending the party at a popular swimming pool in Viet Tiep Complex at around 11 p.m. 
When he went to the main stage, he was electrocuted and collapsed, witnesses said.
His friend later told police that Phuong intended to pose for a picture with a DJ on the stage before the party finished.
Earlier three others had also been injured by an electric shock and rushed to a local hospital, authorities said, adding that they all are in stable condition.
The pool party, organized by Ten Bac, a Hanoi-based company, was not licensed by the government in Hai Phong, authorities said.
They said they had asked the organizers to stop the party after the first three injuries.
Phuong's family said when they reached the scene minutes after the incident, almost everyone, including the organizers, had left.
Hundreds of young visitors reportedly attended the Pool Party Storm with tickets sold at between VND199,000 and 299,000 (US$9-14).
Police are investigating the case.