next article

3 died, 1 critical after eating wild mushrooms
By Thanh Nien News -
Vu Ba Ky is in intensive care in the Nghe An Province hospital for mushroom poisoning. Photo courtesy of Nguoi Lao Dong

Three men from the northern province of Nghe An died and another remained critical after eating wild mushroom early this month, doctors said Tuesday.
 is the one still receiving treatment at for mushroom poisoning, according to a Nguoi Lao Dong report.
Dr Vu Ngoc Lan, head of the poison department at Nghe An General Friendship Hospital, said all four suffered kidney and liver failure and blood clotting problems when they were admitted.
He said the hospital put them through kidney and blood dialysis, but it did not help.
Vu Ba Ky, 43, who is now under intensive care, and three relatives were rushed to a district hospital the night of May 5, and later transferred to the provincial hospital in critical conditions.
They reportedly had lunched with some mushrooms fetched from the local forest that morning, and started to suffer fatigue, stomachache, vomiting, diarrhea in the evening. It is still unknown what kind of mushroom they were.
Vu Ba Trung, 17, died at the hospital Sunday, before his family insisted to have his father Vu Tong Bi, 42, and Vu Ba So, 39, be discharged. They died the same day at home.
Ky’s family has also asked to bring him home because they could not afford the treatment cost.
Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment